Paston College Theatre Block
Major refurbishment and replacement of heating, ventilation and sanitary systems.
The existing building has been completely gutted and refurbished. Our contract included to strip out the entire existing mechanical systems throughout and supply and install complete new systems.
The building was renovated to a high standard to include a new entrance area, theatre, photography room with a dark room, classrooms and toilet area.
We worked closely with the design team, main contractor and other trades so that the building could be ready within a short time frame and kept to a high standard of work.
The mechanical services included complete new systems of heating, hot/cold, controls, ventilation, sanitaryware, above ground drainage.
- Supply and installation of new boiler plant including gas fired condensing boilers, circulating pumps, pressurisation unit and associated equipment. A new gas service was installed from the existing gas meter.
- Supply and installation of a new flue system and flue liner.
- Supply and installation of indirect water heater supplying hot water throughout the building to outlets and a new cold water main from the basement to all outlets.
- Supply and installation of a complete new controls system and associated equipment.
- Supply and installation of new fan convectors and radiators throughout the building.
- Supply and installation of two separate ventilation systems to the Theatre and toilet areas complete with controls systems.
- Supply and installation of sanitaryware and above ground drainage including external cast iron soil pipes.
- Thermal insulation of pipework and ductwork
Contract Value: circa 160k
Client: Draper & Nichols Building Contractors
Mechanical Services Consultant: Adrian Forder Building Services Consultant